Quality Care and Personal Treatment
We are a caring, compassionate podiatry team of dedicated professionals—from the doctor to the medical assistants and front office staff alike—that are dedicated to listening to your concerns, taking time to get to know you, and helping you move forward and overcome whatever foot or ankle problem you may be experiencing.
Dr. Joel D. Foster, DPM, FACFAS is a Kansas City native who has been practicing podiatric medicine within the metro area since 1999. Board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Dr. Foster is licensed in podiatric medicine and surgery in both Missouri and Kansas and has been in private practice in Lee’s Summit, MO since 2006. He graduated from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA and completed his residency at Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, MO, after completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Kansas.
Dr. Foster has comprehensive training in a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical disciplines, including forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction, arthroscopy, diabetic wound care and limb salvage, management of peripheral vascular disease, lower extremity biomechanics, sports medicine, minimally invasive surgery, and nerve surgery. A former rugby player who played with American select sides after college, Dr. Foster enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, who keep him busy when he’s not in the office.
Areas of Practice and Specialties
We provide comprehensive podiatric care for patients throughout the Kansas City region and beyond. If your feet are in pain, your nails need care, you have a wound or sore that isn’t healing, you’ve suffered a lower limb sports injury, or have any other concerns about the health of your feet and ankles, we’ll help you get the care you need to get back to the life you enjoy.
Our specialties include:
- Treatment for heel pain conditions in both children and adults
- Fixing ingrown toenails conservatively and surgically
- Eliminating toenail fungus and restoring healthy, beautiful nails via both traditional medications and advanced laser treatment
- Healing lower extremity wounds to treat or prevent infection and avoid amputations
- Minimally invasive surgery to remove spurs and correct deformities with reduced post-operative pain, complication risk, and cost compared to traditional open surgery
- Customizing prefabricated orthotics and fitting full custom orthotics to provide feet with exactly the support and cushioning they need to reduce or eliminate pain
- Therapeutic laser treatments to boost pain relief and reduce recovery time from sports injuries or inflammatory conditions such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis
Our office is located at 6 NW Sycamore St Ste A in Lee’s Summit, MO. We’re conveniently located just off Douglas St, two traffic stops south of St. Luke’s Hospital and I-470 exit 9. Turn west down Sycamore Street—our office will be on the right, next to Lee’s Summit Pediatrics. We moved into our current location in 2010.
Inside, you’ll find an environment that is professional, clean, warm, and inviting. Our staff takes great pride in getting to know each of our patients and making sure everyone who walks through our doors feels welcomed from the first moment onward. For your convenience, we provide patient forms that you can download, fill out in the comfort of your own home, and bring to your first office visit.
If your feet or ankles are hurting, please don’t ignore the pain—seeking treatment can spare you significant time, discomfort, and even expense. Stop by and see us for quality care and personalized treatment. You can request an appointment online, or call our office at (816) 246-4222.
6 NW Sycamore St., Suite A
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
Find us on Sycamore, west off of Douglas Street two traffic stops south of St. Luke's Hospital (I-470 exit 9). Our office is next to Lee's Summit Pediatrics.
Monday: 8am - 5pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Selected Fridays: 8am - 2pm