You might be under the mistaken impression that a podiatrist is someone who only provides “chip and clip” services for thick toenails or cracked skin.
Don’t get us wrong—we are happy to provide routine skin and nail care for patients of all ages! It’s just that this is only a small fraction of what we do here, and what we can do for you.
Dr. Joel Foster is trained in all aspects of foot and ankle care, from skin and nails to muscles and bones to nerves and wounds. Bottom line: if anything is wrong with your feet or ankles—pain, mobility issues, skin infections, nail problems, etc.—there is an excellent chance that we can help you.
Some of the most common conditions we treat here include:
- Heel Pain. Whether caused by plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, nerve problems, or other conditions, we’ll help you track down the source of your heel pain and relieve it quickly.
- Foot and Toe Deformities. A combination of genetics and wear and tear can lead to structural changes in feet, including bunions, hammertoes, and collapsed arches. These can be accommodated conservatively or fixed surgically.
- Ingrown Toenails. We offer conservative treatments, as well as minor surgical procedures to quickly remove the ingrown edge of a nail and even prevent it from growing back.
- Fungal Toenails. We offer advanced laser therapy, as well as more traditional methods, to help you get rid of thick, yellowed, and damaged toenails.
- Ball of Foot Pain. Pain in the balls of the feet could be caused by a variety of diagnoses, including stress fractures or neuromas. We will help you quickly identify the source of the problem, then correct it.
- Foot and Ankle Sports Injuries. Whether you’re suffering from an ankle sprain, stress fractures, shin splints, or other injuries, let us help you get back on your feet fast.
- Foot Wounds. Sores on your feet that won’t heal need prompt medical treatment so you can avoid infection and other serious complications.
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis. Joint pain can significantly disrupt your activities, whether the underlying cause is wear and tear or an autoimmune deficiency. We can help you take the appropriate steps to minimize discomfort and keep moving.
- Pediatric Foot Conditions. Because their bones are still soft and growing, caring for a child’s feet is often quite different from treating adults.
- Nerve Pain. Damaged nerves can cause numbness, tingling, burning, or shooting pain throughout the foot. Seeking treatment early can help restore function and prevent continued damage.
- Skin Conditions. Your skin is your first line of defense. We’ll help you clear up stubborn cases of athlete’s foot, remove warts, and soothe painful cracked heels.
Advanced Care Options Available
While some foot and ankle conditions are still best treated by traditional remedies that have been used for decades, many others benefit significantly from the latest advances in research and technology.
We continually invest in advanced treatment options to give our patients the absolute best and widest possible range of treatment options for their foot or ankle issues. These include laser therapy, regenerative injection therapy, minimally invasive surgical techniques, and more.
Check out our services page for more information on some of the advanced care options available at our office in Lee’s Summit.
We pride ourselves on both high quality care and a personalized treatment approach for all foot and ankle concerns. To schedule an appointment with our office, please call (816) 246-4222 today.