Feet are one of the hardest working parts of the human body—and all too often, one of the most ignored. We tend not to think about them, or even look at them, until there is problem.
Painful feet, however, should never be ignored. No matter how old you are or what your current activity level is, foot pain can take away your ability to work, play, maintain your independence, or engage in activities you used to enjoy.
It doesn’t have to be like this! Foot pain is not normal, and Dr. Joel Foster and his team of experts in Lee’s Summit, MO are dedicated to helping people just like you relieve pain, prevent complications, and achieve your lifestyle goals.
Our Services and Philosophy
Every foot is unique. At our office, we provide a variety of treatment options, from simple and conservative remedies that can be performed at home all the way up to surgery. This allows us to personalize the care of every individual who walks through our doors.
Our entire staff is dedicated to taking time with every patient and getting to know you, your goals, and your concerns. Then, we can offer as much information as possible and lay out your options so that, together, we can arrive at a solution that makes the best sense for you.
We pride ourselves on providing both quality care and personal treatment. Some of the more advanced services we offer include:
- Orthotic Inserts. Orthotics are one of the most effective tools for relieving foot pain. They can provide the support and cushioning that your feet may be lacking, shifting pressure away from painful locations. We provide fitting for custom orthotics which are made to your exact specifications for the best performance, and we can also “customize” certain prefabricated orthotics to give them a more personalized fit.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery. Because they require only small incisions and produce much less trauma, minimally invasive surgical techniques offer significant advantages over traditional methods, including lower infection risk, less post-op pain and scarring, greater convenience, and even lower cost. Conditions that cause bony prominences, such as hammertoes, are often good candidates for minimally invasive surgery.
- Therapeutic Laser. Our laser uses a safe, non-invasive beam of light that boosts cellular activity at the site of pain. This helps accelerate the repair of tissue damage and fight pain and infection, and is very effective for treating sprains, strains, tendinitis, and many forms of heel pain.
Conditions We Treat
At the office of Dr. Joel Foster, we provide comprehensive care for an extensive list of painful foot and ankle conditions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Heel Pain. Whether caused by plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, nerve problems, or other conditions, we’ll help you track down the source of your heel pain and relieve it quickly.
- Ingrown Toenails. We offer conservative treatments, as well as minor surgical procedures to quickly remove the ingrown edge of a nail and even prevent it from growing back.
- Fungal Toenails. We offer advanced laser therapy, as well as more traditional methods, to help you get rid of thick, yellowed, and damaged toenails.
- Foot Wounds. Sores on your feet that won’t heal need prompt medical treatment so you can avoid infection and other serious complications.
- Foot and Ankle Sports Injuries. Whether you’re suffering from an ankle sprain, stress fractures, shin splints, or other injuries, let us help you get back on your feet fast.
- Pediatric Foot Conditions. Because their bones are still soft and growing, caring for a child’s feet is often quite different from treating adults.
- Foot Deformities. A combination of genetics and wear and tear can lead to structural changes in feet, including bunions, hammertoes, and collapsed arches. These can be accommodated conservatively or fixed surgically.
- Nerve Pain. Damaged nerves can cause numbness, tingling, burning, or shooting pain throughout the foot. Seeking treatment early can help restore function and prevent continued damage.
- Skin Conditions. Your skin is your first line of defense. We’ll help you clear up stubborn cases of athletes foot, remove warts, and soothe painful cracked heels.
Whatever the source of your discomfort may be, you don’t have to keep suffering! Treatment options are available that will help you get back to doing the things you love. For quality care and a commitment to personal treatment that starts from your first step through the door and continues through every phase of treatment and rehab, please call Dr. Joel Foster in Lee’s Summit, MO at (816) 246-4222.