Minimally Invasive Surgery
However, sometimes a surgical procedure is the best—or only—way to overcome your discomfort and return to a pain-free, active lifestyle. That said, many people are nervous about going under the knife, and understandably want to be certain that they will see good results with as little cost or pain as possible. That’s why Dr. Joel Foster is proud to offer minimally invasive surgery for a variety of painful foot conditions.
A Quick Look at Minimally Invasive Surgery
Conditions Treated with Minimally Invasive Surgery
Also most bunions, tailor’s bunions and many other conditions can be resolved with minimally invasive techniques.
Why Choose Minimally Invasive Surgery?
Minimally invasive surgical techniques offer significant advantages over more traditional open surgeries, including:
- Lower risk of infection and complications. Smaller incisions mean less opportunity for undesirable micro-organisms to enter your body.
- Less post-operative pain and scarring. Smaller incisions also mean less pain and swelling after the operation, and often a better aesthetic result as well.
- More convenient. Most minimally invasive procedures can be performed out-patient in our office. You won’t have to worry about a hospital stay, eating after midnight, or many of the other inconveniences related to most other surgeries.
- Faster treatment. In some cases, you’re out the door just 45 minutes after your procedure, and most people are able to return to work and other normal activities faster than with traditional surgery.
- Lower cost. The majority of minimally invasive surgical procedures can be done in our in office surgical room rather than making a trip to the hospital. For most people this could save you thousands of dollars of hospital and anesthesia charges.
Usually, you have to make a choice between quality and price. It’s not often that a medical procedure is able to offer both a lower cost and better results than the alternative, but that is frequently the case with minimally invasive surgery. Our goal is always to provide every patient who walks through our door with the relief they need, as quickly and affordably as possible, which is why we’re thrilled to be able to offer this procedure for those who qualify.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Joel Foster in Lee’s Summit, MO and find out if minimally invasive surgery can help you overcome your foot pain, please call us today at (816) 246-4222.